Sunday 12 October 2014

Never leave nail varnish in toddler's reach


Last summer we went on a short family holiday to an island off the coast of Sicily. The last evening, as I was handing back the keys of the hired bikes and the receptionist was busy praising my gorgeous boy and listing the joys and delights of having children, little did I know that my darling little one had grabbed my coral nail varnish and had smashed it inside the shower cubicle.
When I got back, I found my exhausted husband trying to put little one to bed. He had managed to remove most of the nail varnish, but there were still some pink stains on the tiles.
While I was wondering how to clean up the mess so that they wouldn't charge us for the cleaning expenses, I remembered seeing the girl in the bungalow next door applying nail varnish. I waited on the verandah until she appeared and asked if by any chance she had nail polish remover. Unlike me, the neighbour turned out to be well prepared.  She kindly handed over a huge bottle together with a pack of cotton wool pads. I spent a good half hour working on the stains and by the end most had gone. So luckily we got away with it, but I learnt my lesson: things are never safe with a toddler around!

No comments:

Post a Comment